There are minor surgery options available today for the excision of moles, lipoma, and skin tags, whether your feeling self-conscious or experiencing discomfort. Fast treatment options allow you to return to your day-to-day schedule almost immediately. The procedures are straightforward and fast, offering a convenient modern-day solution for anyone wishing to be rid of moles, lipomas, or skin tags.
Procedures carried out by specialists in West London can often be completed within an hour allowing you to continue with your normal schedule. Moles, lipoma, and skin tags are often harmless, but they can cause confidence issues if in a prominent place. They can also cause discomfort if they rub or catch on clothing, which makes removal a welcome option.
- Moles, otherwise known as Naeve, are growths on the skin. They vary in appearance and often appear at birth, during childhood, or before the age of 40. Most moles are harmless, but many people choose mole excision as they don’t like the appearance of them. If there are any noticeable changes in a mole it should be checked by a doctor.
- Lipomas can be located under the skin, they can be deep seated sub-facial lipomas, or deep seated intramuscular lipomas. These are fatty lumps that grows slowly. They can appear anywhere on the body but are most commonly found on the arms, shoulders, chest, and back. They are usually harmless and removed because of their appearance, size, and if they are causing pain.
- In the groin area, neck, and eyelid, a very small benign growth of skin is usually referred to as a skin tag. As with moles, they should always be checked over by a doctor, but are not usually a concern health-wise. They are common and the majority of people tend to have them. Removing skin tags is often a choice for confidence purposes.
There are a number of treatment options in West London often with minimal disruption to your day-to-day life.
- Shave excision- A scalpel blade removes a skin tag or mole that is set parallel to the skin. The procedure takes approximately 20 minutes with a healing time of 1-2 weeks.
- Electrosurgery treatment- A hyfrecator is used to directly destroy the tissue. High frequency electric pulses are used leaving only a very small wound after the procedure. This procedure can be used for moles and skin tags. The treatment is over within a few minutes.
- Elliptical excision- This procedure will remove moles and lipomas with a deep excision to remove it completely. Stitches will be required and the procedure will take around 30 minutes. The method would be necessary for moles and lipomas that are significantly deep.
- Curettage – This is similar to a shave excision. The tissue is removed by scraping.
A consultation will be required regardless of the procedure. This is to establish the right procedure for your needs and to talk through the process. A local anaesthetic is commonly used for these procedures. Depending on the type and size of moles, lipoma and skin tags, you may choose to opt for multiple removals in one sitting.
The procedures are straightforward, allowing you to return to your normal schedule almost immediately. As with any minor surgery you may experience slight discomfort, but any recommendations and guidance post-surgery will be given including for the removal of stitches if required.