Profhilo is a revolutionary new bioremodelling product that improves skin hydration and boosts elastin and collagen formation.
It is an injectable anti-aging treatment made from hyaluronic acid for skin that is loosing its elasticity and structure with age. It can be used on the face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands and knees, or any part of your body where skin shows signs of visible ageing.It can be used on the face, neck, décolletage, arms, hands and knees, or any part of your body where skin shows signs of visible ageing. There is an immediately noticeable improvement in skin tone, hydration as well as firmness and fine lines are smoothed.
Hyaluronic acid is best known as a ‘filler’ and is usually used to give volume to the lips or to contour other areas of the face. Profhilo differs from the usual fillers in a number of ways due to its structure which allows it to flow over an extended area to boost hydration, smooth and remodel the skin.
How does it work?
- Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance produced in our body, found in skin, joints and other connective tissue. Its role is to retain moisture in the body and aid collagen production. It can hold 1000 times (yes 1000!) its weight in water which makes it ideal for binding moisture in the skin.
- With age, hyaluronic acid production slows and the skin looks duller and dehydrated, with fine lines and wrinkles forming.
- Profhilo contains one of the highest concentrations of stabilised hyaluronic acid on the market. Because it is thermally bonded and not chemically bonded, it acts as a hydrator and not a filler.
- It is injected just underneath the surface of the skin where it disperses quickly and reacts with your own tissue to instantly boost hydration.
- Over the next 4 weeks phase 2 kicks in as it goes to work boosting elastin and collagen production.This effectively remodels the skin and giving it a plumper, smoother and firmer appearance.
- Due to its gel like consistency, Profhilo distributes smoothly and evenly without the formation of lumps – a potential risk of traditional fillers. This means it can be used on areas which are difficult to treat with fillers such as the neck and forehead.
The full treatment consists of two sessions, one month apart. A further session maybe recommended after six months. Profhilo can be used on its own or with other fillers or botulinum toxin as a complimentary rather than a competitive treatment.
Who is it suitable for?
People over the age of 30 who are uncomfortable with skin laxity, crepe-like skin or other visible signs of raging such as fine lines or wrinkles.
What does the treatment involve?
Profhilo is injected just under the skin using very fine needles in pre-determined points. It is relatively painless and there is usually no need for topical pain relief creams prior to treatment. The treatment itself is quick, taking about 10 minutes. On the face, only five injection ‘Bio Aesthetic Points’ are necessary on each side of the face to give maximum results.
Is there any downtime?
There is no downtime. It is advisable to avoid alcohol, aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medication in the 24 hours before treatment. Immediately after treatment you should avoid wearing make-up and give sports, swimming and other strenuous physical activity a miss for 24 hours. It is also best to avoid saunas and steam rooms for a few days after treatment. Drinking 2-3 litres of water is strongly recommended to help the rehydrating process.
What are the risks and possible side effects?
- There are no known long term side effects. Profhilo is metabolised by the body completely.
- No allergy test is required prior to treatment. The risk of allergic reaction is substantially reduced because Profhilo does not contain any synthetic chemicals which some people might react to.
- There maybe some redness, slight bruising, tenderness as well as itching at the injection sites but these are temporary and should resolve within a few hours to a day.
- Immediately following treatment, a small lump of Profhilo will be palpable beneath the skin at the injection sites which will permeate through the skin over the following 6-12 hours.
For more info please visit https://www.profhilo.co.uk/